Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Birthday - and other miscellaneous things

I am not getting much better at writing here. It's not worse than the last time, but it is not good. Once again, I won't be able to remember a ton of details about things, but here is my take on my life.

Over the weekend of my 50th birthday, I needed to keep myself open and ready to do some testing of the mainframe and my jobs in particular to make sure they worked after moving the mainframe from the old building to the new building. They decided to take the mainframe down on Thursday July 1st at the close of the business day. We were told to go ahead and take Friday off as an Admin day because the computer would be moving. That didn't happen as quickly as they had hoped, but it did happen.

On my birthday, my family went out to Johanna's Kitchen for lunch. I had a breakfast there, but it was lunch time. Since it was close to my new office, I took my family to the office to show them my new work place. We only spent a little bit of time there, and then left. When we were passing the home of Janet Chidester, we decided to drop in and let her see our kids all grown up (she knew them when they were little). We ended up staying a good portion of the afternoon there. In the meantime, Anne came and picked up our daughter and then we had to get home in time for our son to get to a parade. Not too much else went on this day.

Saturday the third I was told that I needed to hang around my computer for testing. I did get a text at around 3:00 that it wouldn't be happening until Sunday, so I was finally able to leave my computer at home. Our daughter came home, and we were able to go to the Sandy parade. It was about a half mile from my office so we parked there and walked up to the park. After the parade we went to Sizzler for dinner and then waited at my office. Our son and daughter played some foos ball and just hung out. We then went to the windows around 9:30 and the fireworks started about 10:00. It was interesting looking out the window and seeing all the people set up their chairs on the lawns of our office building. We were on the fifth floor and watched fireworks from there. It was pretty neat. We could also see the Riverton fireworks going on. We were able to get out of the office and get home without too many crowds. It was quite enjoyable.

Sunday, we decided to go to the cabin of my in-laws. We called them and told them we would pick them up and that we only had room for them and a couple of items that they may need. Soon after arriving at the cabin, I had to logon to work. I spent quite awhile online watching my jobs run and getting things to work right. There was only one problem and we got that taken care of so I could finish out the jobs. I was glad to see everything working as well as it was. We stayed for most of the day on the 5th of July and came home a little later. On the way to my in-laws home we saw Melanie walking. She didn't look too good, so we asked our son to walk over there so we could give her a ride the rest of the way. She is in poor health.

It was back to work on Tuesday and things have been pretty normal from there on out (other than having to actually help move the last group of people over). Anyway, everybody is now in the new building and we had very few problems.

We are starting to have some problems with Melanie living in my in-laws home. She needs to get out of there because there is agitation taking place with my mother-in-law taking the brunt of Melanie's bipolar disorder. We have found that she is not taking her meds and we need to look into a possibility of Adult Protection Services. If push comes to shove, we will be putting Melanie out of their home. Hopefully, sooner than later. Hopefully, Melanie will choose to leave when we can give her a couple of options. Time will tell. We are a bit scared for the welfare of my in-laws.

Tonight, we went over to help Sister Babinchack with her weeding and a few other things. My son and wife went while I went to Young Men only to find out not a lot was going on. I changed and then went on over. It is a good feeling to help out your neighbors. I am out of shape and this reinforced that. I will be a bit stiff from the work.

Also today, I had to get in and get a physical. I had Dr Daynes add a blood pressure medication to all the other meds I am taking because my blood pressure has been too high. Anyway, that's about it for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home