Monday, June 30, 2008

Marriage

There's not too much going on right now. My son is driving the car on his own as often as possible, my daughter is out with her friends constantly, and my wife and I get to worry about our kids. What a joyous life to live, huh? My wife and I are just grateful that our kids are as well behaved as they are.

As usual, I am writing here after about a week of activity. I took the day off of work last Thursday so we could go to a wedding. Annes daughter Marie got married to a good man by the name of Scott. The wedding was held in the White Chapel, which was an early chapel for the LDS (this kind of surprised me because it isn't like the chapels we have now. Evidently, it is a chapel that was dismantled and moved across the street from the State Capitol building. It is very small, and it had a bell which was rung after the wedding had taken place. The wedding was beautiful although my son thought that the priest who did the wedding had a mean voice. She did a good job with the ceremony though, and had some excellent advice.

Of course, there were pictures and we hung around for a little bit. We did finally go with Pam and Anne to lunch at a little restaurant. The prices seemed right there, but then when we got the final bill they charged each of us a $2.00 charge for splitting the meals. We were in a hurry to leave so I didn't have time to talk to them about that. We had to go back to the Chapel and get the rest of the flowers and then head to Maries (Annes sister - not her daughter) house to pick up some cupcakes that they had made for the reception. That was in Centerville.

We were getting into rush hour traffic, so it took a little bit of time to get there. Marie was still working on the wedding cake because it had fallen the day before. It was going to be a bit late to the reception.

We were in some really bad traffic all the way to Farmington from Centerville. The reception was held at Scotts grandparents farm in Farmington. It was a beautiful property. The weather was good (but it was hot) and there were a lot of people that had to go out there. There was no formal line. The bride and groom just wandered around and talked to people. The wedding cake arrived about an hour after the reception started. Marie had done a beautiful job on that cake. We only stayed until around 8:30 because we needed to get home and take care of our dog. Pam and Anne were there until around midnight cleaning up after everybody left.

On Saturday, our daughter took off with her friend to goof off a bit. I asked my wife if she wanted to go out to the event at Daybreak (which is quite close to us) and see the homes out there. She really didn't want to go, and I wasn't going to go without having somebody with me. Travis said he would go with me, so we went out there. There was food in some of the houses and prize drawings in other homes. Of course, we also went over to one tent and got five free tickets to the movie Wall E. It was too hot to hang around there for too long, so we headed back home.

We went as a family to the movie Wall E, and took Melina as well. The movie wasn't that great of a movie and my wife and I were glad that we hadn't paid for it. It wasn't a terrible movie, but it really didn't have that much for us to be interested in. It seemed to be more of a statement of us trashing the earth and getting fat and lazy.

That is really all that I can think to comment on for this week. There really isn't much else. It is hot outside (about 10 degrees above average), and we need to up our watering while we are approaching the century mark on that thermometer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home